Thursday, June 21, 2012

Six Months



The world is ending, smile :)



For those of you who don't know me, I must say that the idea of the world ending this next December fascinates me. Whether you believe in the Mayan prophecies or not, the human kind its been waiting for this moment for thousands of years, and at the end (pun intended) we are the ones that will see what is going to happen. If anything happens at all of course. That's something special, innit?


Some would say that all of this is about a change in the world that is already happening, and I totally agree, but I'm not talking about that, I'm interested in the existence of an expiration date and how we are reacting to it, from the most skeptical to the Harold Camping followers.

I've been keeping a 2012 Tumblr, with articles from magazines and newspapers, some very scientific, other just crazy like the Doomsday Dating Site or the Top 5 End of the World Destinations. Also two years ago I made an end-related t-shit collection (in the photo my friend Cristina is wearing one). And this last December I made a beginning-related tote. After every end, there's always a new beginning. Or so they say. They also say the world might end in exactly six months, smile :)


---

PS: I've found out today that this next 21 of December is called: TEOTWAWKI, short for "the end of the world as we know it". Go figure.

No comments: