Thursday, August 18, 2011

Jet-lag




Up: Seagull in the Southbank, London.
Middle: Installation in Playgroup Festival.
Down: Earl Grey Tea.


I've always thought that the jet-lag was some kind of fancy lie. I guess I have never stayed enough time living in a country 5 hours ahead of my own to be able to fully experiment it on my return... until now.

This morning I woke up at 8:18 (London time), made myself sleep a couple of hours, to wake up at 10-ish without an iota of sleep in my eyes. So, with a little bit of jet-lag and another bit of denial I cooked breakfast: Lady Grey tea, toasts with butter and Marmite and I'm listening to Lauren Laverne in BBC 6 Music. I mean... what am I supposed to do?!

In terms of motion graphics animation this would be an Easy-Out/Easy-In, and maybe that's what everything is all about. Body and mind asking for a little time to re-adapt. Maybe not. But I'll try to make the best of this moment when I get to live 5 hours in the future... this is so far my most productive morning in a lot of time, only because my body is convinced that is 12:41 pm and not 7:41 am.

Cheers for as long as it lasts!

X


No comments: