Sunday, April 20, 2014

De Gabo



 Gabriel García Márquez Frente al espejo, 1982, photo by Vasco Szinetar





 Gabriel García Márquez Frente al espejo, 2010, photo by Vasco Szinetar





When I found out about that Gabo passed out, I remember the first time I re-discover the ice with him and Aureliano Buendía; I remembered Florentino Ariza's valses; my mother's One Hundred Years of Solitude books collection, that it must be already 1000 years or close; and this wonderful phrase: "the heart has more rooms than a whore house." Dear Gabo, you will be deeply missed.

-

The photos from this post are from part of the series "Frente al espejo" (In Front of the Mirror) of the genius Venezuelan photographer Vasco Szinetar.

You can have a look at the post in The Procrastinator (some) Times about Gabo, and to an old post in this blog where I posted a text where García Marquez wrote about Caracas, the unhappy city (La infeliz Caracas).



No comments: