Friday, August 19, 2011

World Photography Day




"World Photography Day originates from the invention of the Daguerreotype, a photographic processes developed by Louis Daguerre. On January 9, 1839, the French Academy of Sciences announced the Daguerreotype process. A few months later, on August 19, 1839, the French government announced the invention as a gift "free to the world"."

Flickr and The Guardian and I guess a lot of other sites are making groups to share the photos you take today and/or during the weekend... so, take a photo, take, take, take a photo! :)

My photo is part of the West Country Tour that I recently made. I promise I'll keep writing about starting today. It's the perfect Mr. Whippy and was made and eaten in Durdle Door and is illustrating this post because it was the first thing that came into my mind when I read the world gift. A Mr. Whippy, is also a gift to the world. A delicious one. No doubt about it.

No comments: