Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Badalona












I don't know why I've been so slow posting the photos of my holidays in Catalunya. But here I am, is still summer, so is not too late.

This are some photos of Badalona. My grandmother María Luisa was born in this little city by the Mediterranean Sea, that I recently dicovered was founded by the Romans in the 3rd century BC, with the name of Baetulo, and it's the home of the famous Anís del Mono distillery. I saw the sign when I was on the train, it caught me off guard, therefore, no photo, but you can have a look at this Juan Gris painting instead. I've also just discovered that there's a wikipedia in catalán, of course.


I didn't walk around Badalona much as it was an incredibly hot day and I was most interested in swimming in the sea. In the photos you can see a bit of the streets next to the train station, the passeig de la Rambla and the Platja dels Patins a Vela (:


*Film photos to come... soon?

No comments: