Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Midday in Paris









The past Saturday I saw Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris and I really really enjoyed it. I specially liked the reflection he does about that sensation that I reckon we all experiment sometimes in our lives of being born in a time that doesn't suit us. All times past always seems better... but that's just an illusion, or as Rachel McAdams says being in love with a fantasy. Even though I don't agree with her character on anything else, I think she's right about that because one shouldn't waste too much time with illusions from the past you can't do anything about, specially if you can focus your energy in making the best of your present and shape it after your dreams... right?

Nevertheless I expend a lot of time on Sunday watching the photos of my last trip to Paris, and listening to Cole Porter... a little nostalgia and contradiction is allowed after all.



No comments: